So I decided I wanted to make a list of different goals I want to reach related to food cooking and preparation. I doubt I will be able to do all of these things this year since I will still be in college, taking up to 18 credit hours and working at least 20 hours a week, but a girl can dream!
- Learn how to make stocks/broths.
- Learn how to can/preserve vegetables and make jams.
- Learn how to cook quinoa and become familiar with several recipes utilizing quinoa.
- Actually use all of the food I receive from my volunteer share at the CSA this summer instead of staring at it with a confused expression and then letting it go to waste in the fridge.
- Stop eating fast food.
- Maybe contemplate eating tofu even though it freaks me out.
- Seriously think about going vegetarian… or at least eating far less meat.
- Make my own sushi! I’ve done this before because I have a really awesome cousin who taught my mom and I how but I’ve never done so on my own.
- I’m just now becoming more comfortable with cooking meat in general, but I’d like it if I could branch out a bit more and try to find the healthiest ways to cook different kinds of meats.
- Buy a crock pot and go to town!
- Maybe consider trying to cook gluten free dishes/recipes.
I’m open to suggestions and advice!